WAITER / WAITRESS
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Waiter/Waitress to join the founding location of the 67 Pall Mall Members’ Club, located in the heart of London’s St. James’s.
67 Pall Mall is a Private Members’ Club, founded by wine lovers, for wine lovers, and is home to the finest wine list in the world.
At 67 Pall Mall the Waiter/Waitresses are an integral part of our FOH team, responsible for delivering a high-quality level of service. We are seeking a vibrant individual to join our FOH team on a full-time or part-time basis.
Our service expectations are high, but offered in a warm, convivial manner in keeping with a private members club. The expectation is that we create an intimacy with our Members, a home from home, seven days a week.
If you are seeking a fantastic new role where you benefit from consistent training, opportunities to expand your wine knowledge, and the ability to develop in a thriving, successful and charismatic team, we would love to hear from you.
This role can hold exciting opportunities for travel to our locations in Verbier, Singapore and Beaune.
ABOUT 67 PALL MALL
With 5,000+ wines representing 52 countries, with 1,200 available by-the-glass, the award-winning 67 Pall Mall is the home of fine wine.
The Club boasts a 17-strong sommelier team, many of whom are winners of several international competitions and elected #1 sommeliers in London.
Members benefit from the low-margin wine list and can store their own wines at the Club in our original 1930s bank vault. They also have access to an impressive events calendar, and much more.
67pallmall.tv, the world’s first 4k wine tv channel, is an extension of the Club, accessible to all both live and on demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all members and their guests receive the correct standard of food and drinks service in all areas of the Club.
- Uphold a high level of knowledge about the Club, food and wine, including dietary and allergens, in order to effectively communicate with the members and make them feel welcome.
- Responsible for taking food orders , serving food and drinks to the Members and their guests
- Greeting and looking after the Member and their guests throughout their visit in a professional, efficient & timely manner
- To train and motivate the junior service team (commis waiters, floor assistants)
- To build a professional rapport with the members and work with the management team to keep up to date on member knowledge
- Display the correct skills to upsell food/beverage without coming across in an overwhelming manner
- Responsible for issuing bills, collecting payments & cash handling (change from payments)
- Using the POS system with full knowledge of the system and its capabilities
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by manager
- Filling in for absent staff as and when required
- Adhere to all grooming and appearance standards set by 67 Pall Mall
- Maintaining of stock levels
- Assists other areas of the club such as Club room, St James Room when required
- Works closely with the host/hostess to assign tables to waitstaff in addition to waiting on their own tables
- Ensures all daily operating procedures are completed to the correct standard
- Meets with kitchen staff and management to discuss the menu and specials and reviews all ingredients
- Deals with any minor complaints on the floor and reports them to the management team seeking advice when needed
- Works closely with the FOH Managers to further their own skills into management level
- Staff food on duty
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to take part in WSET/CMS training and other courses
- Opportunity to progress further in role within the company
- Staff Members can order wines at our wholesale prices through our wine buying team
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Uniform provided
67 Pall Mall prides itself on maintaining equal opportunities for all employees.