We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Floor Assistant to join the founding location of the 67 Pall Mall Members’ Club, located in the heart of London’s St. James’s.
67 Pall Mall is a Private Members’ Club, founded by wine lovers, for wine lovers, and is home to the finest wine list in the world.
At 67 Pall Mall the Floor Assistants are an integral part of our FOH team, responsible for delivering a high-quality level of service. We are seeking a vibrant individual to join our FOH team on a full-time or part-time basis.
Our service expectations are high, but offered in a warm, convivial manner in keeping with a private members club. The expectation is that we create an intimacy with our Members, a home from home, seven days a week.
If you are seeking a fantastic new role where you benefit from consistent training, opportunities to expand your wine knowledge, and the ability to develop in a thriving, successful and charismatic team, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT 67 PALL MALL
With 5,000+ wines representing 52 countries, with 1,200 available by-the-glass, the award-winning 67 Pall Mall is the home of fine wine.
The Club boasts a 17-strong sommelier team, many of whom are winners of several international competitions and elected #1 sommeliers in London.
Members benefit from the low-margin wine list and can store their own wines at the Club in our original 1930s bank vault. They also have access to an impressive events calendar, and much more.
67pallmall.tv, the world’s first 4k wine tv channel, is an extension of the Club, accessible to all on demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivery of the food from the kitchen.
- Cleaning and polishing of the front of house equipment to the correct standard.
- Cleaning, tidying and maintaining stock levels of the back of house area.
- Greeting of guests in a professional, efficient & timely manner
- To keep up to date with all service standards in the club and to follow company standards of procedures at all times
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by a manager
- Filling in for absent staff as and when required
- Co – ordinates well with the waiters, commis waiters, kitchen staff, sommeliers and managers to ensure a smooth service is always delivered
- Carry out duties which include polishing cutlery/plates, clean and maintain floor stations, ensure napkins are folded and surfaces kept clean and clear, as well as ensuring all FOH/coffee stations are fully stocked with the required equipment
- Carry food items from the kitchen to the main restaurant areas, clear away all dirty items from the clearing station and deliver them to the pot wash area
- Promptly respond to guests with any additional requests
- Adhering to all grooming and appearance standards set by 67 Pall Mall
- Understands and can communicate what 67 Pall Mall is about and fully understands the services/products that are available at the club
- Assists other areas of the club such as Clubroom, St James’s Room when required
- Staff food on duty
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to take part in WSET/CMS training and other courses
- Opportunity to progress further in role within the company
- Staff Members can order wines at our wholesale prices through our wine buying team
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Recommend a friend bonus
- 25% discount on dining at the Club
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Uniform provided
- Dry Cleaning
67 Pall Mall prides itself on maintaining equal opportunities for all employees.