We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to join the founding location of the 67 Pall Mall Members’ Club, located in the heart of London’s St. James’s.
67 Pall Mall is a Private Members’ Club, founded by wine lovers, for wine lovers, and is home to the finest wine list in the world.
At 67 Pall Mall the Sous Chef is an integral part of our Kitchen team, responsible for delivering a high-quality level of food at all times. We are seeking a vibrant individual to join our Kitchen team on a full-time basis.
If you are seeking a fantastic new role where you benefit from consistent training, opportunities to expand your wine knowledge, and the ability to develop in a thriving, successful and charismatic team, we would love to hear from you.
This role can hold exciting opportunities for travel to our locations in Verbier, Singapore and Beaune.
ABOUT 67 PALL MALL
With 5,000+ wines representing 52 countries, with 1,200 available by-the-glass, the award-winning 67 Pall Mall is the home of fine wine.
The Club boasts a 17-strong sommelier team, many of whom are winners of several international competitions and elected #1 sommeliers in London.
Members benefit from the low-margin wine list and can store their own wines at the Club in our original 1930s bank vault. They also have access to an impressive events calendar, and much more.
67pallmall.tv, the world’s first 4k wine tv channel, is an extension of the Club, accessible to all both live and on demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the kitchen is run to a consistently high standard in the Head Chef’s absence.
- To ensure the preparation and cooking of all food on the all sections is in accordance with established recipe cards and methods.
- To ensure all dishes are correctly presented before being sent into the club for service.
- To ensure appropriate levels production are carried out in direct relationship to the numbers we are catering for.
- To ensure all ‘mise en place’ is tasted as it is prepared, and all dishes are tasted to ensure correct flavour and that recipes have been properly followed.
- To ensure the portion control policy / standard and plating instructions are consistently adhered to.
- To ensure the kitchen is organised kept clean to the required standard.
- To ensure all equipment / utensils in all the sections are correctly handled and maintained.
- To ensure mise-en-place and food stuffs are correctly stored at all times with accurate preparation date and use by date labels in line with our Food Safety policies.
- To ensure the Kitchen is supplied with sufficient equipment and utensils to enable chefs to meet the required standard.
- To ensure all food is monitored for correct preparation by sampling on a regular basis and checking temperatures are within statutory requirements.
- To ensure menu ideas are provided as appropriate to assist with menu planning.
- To ensure all food provisions are ordered from nominated suppliers within budget constraints.
- To ensure pricing on order sheets, and stock take sheets are updated as required.
- To ensure stock taking is accurately carried out and recorded to the required standard.
- To ensure all kitchen staff comply with all kitchen standards, rules and regulations.
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Opportunity to take part in WSET/CMS training and other courses
- Opportunity to progress further in role within the company
- Staff Members can order wines at our wholesale prices through our wine buying team
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Uniform provided
67 Pall Mall prides itself on maintaining equal opportunities for all employees.